Heyer Voices supports Charlottesvllle area youth (high school juniors and seniors) to:
1. Cultivate self-awareness, empowerment, and skillfulness to change the world from “the inside out.”
2. Develop and implement innovative projects using non-violent direct-action.
To apply to Heyer Voices, submit an application, one reference letter, and a permission/waiver form under the "APPLY" tab or by clicking:
All meetings/workshops will be held at the combined offices of the Heather Heyer Foundation and The Sum: 914 E. Jefferson St., Suite G4. Charlottesville, VA. 22902. The program is limited to 12 participants.
Critical Dates for the inaugural 2019 Session:
• Information Meetings: Thursday, September 5th and Wednesday,
September 11th, both 7 pm to 8 pm).
• Applications and one letter of reference due: Tuesday, September 13th.
• Acceptance notification: Monday, September 16th.
• Opening workshop: Friday, September 27th: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
• All-Day workshop and project planning: Saturday, September 28th, 9 am to 5 pm.
• Monthly project planning meetings (2 hours each): Saturday, October 12th and Saturday, November 9th, both from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Final day-long “capstone”: Saturday, December 14th (combines workshop learning, celebration of accomplishments, and future visioning).
Call 434-282-1377, email email@example.com or stop by during business hours for more information.